Kwort is a modern and fast Linux distribution that combines powerful and useful applications in order to create a simple system for advanced users who finds a strong and effective desktop. Kwort is based on CRUX, so it's robust, clean and easy to extend.
Kwort 4.2 is out
As the title says Kwort 4.2 is out there in the wild :-)
This new version is fast, stable, and simple as always and a little bit smaller. Everything has been built from scratch in a clean way from a new toolchain to every Xorg package.
Most significant technical aspects are:
- Linux kernel 3.19.2.
- Chromium 41.0.2272.76.
- As usual our system remains light and clean as Kwort users like it.
- New and improved GUI aspect.
People and projects I would like to thank:
- Our infrastructure providers, the people from PGHosting and Ricardo Brisighelli for the package mirror and development environment in the UNR (this is a completely new server!).
- As usual, a big thanks to the CRUX people for developing it, as it is the system Kwort is based on; even though Kwort 4.2 isn't based on a CRUX release, their ports system where a key component to build this release.
- The eudev folks for supporting and approving our patch to make /run to be configurable (Kwort uses /var/run).
- And of course, the people who develop every project Kwort makes use of. BIG THANK YOU.
If you want to join our mailing list, please do it at: http://groups.google.com/group/kwort-linux
Come and chat with other Kwort users on IRC at: irc://irc.oftc.net/Kwort
You can get the latest Kwort from here:
- ISO image: kwort-4.2.iso
- MD5 checksum: kwort-4.1.iso.md5
- SHA1 checksum: kwort-4.2.iso.sha1
- OFFICIAL MIRROR KDB: europa.kdb